Friday, July 11, 2008

These truly are the "last days"

It makes me nervous the state that our world is in. It just seems to keep getting worse and I fear for what my children will have to deal with! A friend just showed me this article and it just made me cringe and want to cry and wisk my family off to some safe place away from the world. It is scary to think about how much worse the world is still going to get.

On a similar topic, we've been really feeling the push lately to get our food storage in order. I desperately need to update our 72 hour kits. We have NO water stored. That is BAD! I'm trying to research different storage options since we don't have a lot of room here. I'm going to go through and catalog what we have in dry pack and see what we need to still get. I don't have any powdered milk yet and very little salt. All the wheat in the world won't do you any good if you can't mix it with anything to make something. :-) I do have quite bit of flour, sugar, and wheat. Still need a grinder though.

I'd love to hear what you have been doing to be more prepared for these last days. You just don't know what is going to happen next anymore.

4 comments:

  1. Just so you know the best tasting powedered milk is Morning Moo. Also the lady at the preparedness store told Tyson that BYU did a study and they tasted the milk after 10 years and it lost very little nutrients and still tasted the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you! We are just starting to build our food storage back up since moving into our new house, and I can't seem to get it done as fast as I would like too. I'm also needing to store water, and get a grinder for all the wheat I have. I am trying to be patient, and follow the schedule that I have set for myself, but I wish I could get it all now!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That article is crazy! I agree with you...I am terrified to be raising my kids right now. It seems like everyone right now is talking food storage. Funny how maybe we all can just "sense" the urgency right now. I have nowhere near enough food storage, but we are trying. It sounds like you are doing better than we are. It is just hard to know what to get and how much, etc. I get so overwhelmed by it all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, it is very overwhelming, but I think the key is to be doing something! Even when I'm at the store, I buy 2 baking powders instead of 1 or 3 cans of soup instead of the 1 I needed for a recipe. Slowly and surely, it will add up.

    ReplyDelete