
Then we found Julie and Emily!

We started off at the back of the pack because I have started too close to the front in my other 2 races I've done and I hate being passed the whole time! lol I told Jocelyn that she did not have to stay with me because I know she's a much faster runner than me but she said she just wanted to run for fun and the sweetheart stayed with me encouraging me almost the whole time! I wasn't feeling very well this morning so I hadn't eaten hardly anything and I felt like I was dragging a 50 lb weight the whole time! She was so good to keep me going and talking to me and telling me stories while I puffed along. I really just wanted to beat my last time from my New Year's race which was 31:52. As we're about 1/3 of the way into the 3rd mile, I told her to go ahead and run as fast as she wanted so she went ahead of me and I chugged on to the end. As I was coming down the final stretch, I saw the huge time clock they had at the finish and it said 34:something. I was crushed! I didn't think I had done that badly. So as soon as I cross the finish, they make an announcement saying that the time clock was for the 5 MILE run that started about 5 minutes before us so my time was actually 29:56! I was thrilled!!! It was a lot of fun! Emily came in right behind me. In our age group, Jocelyn came in 8th, I came in 10th and Emily 11th! Emily and I ran back a ways to run with Julie to the finish. She had felt like she was going to be sick and had to walk a bit but we all made it. It really was a lot of fun.
I wish I had some pictures of us running but maybe next time. My next race I have scheduled is the Famous Potato 10K on May 17th!

It makes me tired just thinking of running. I am amazed by people who can run long distances. I have never enjoyed running. I wish I did, then I would be in shape.
ReplyDeleteOh by the way...Carter tagged Megan so you have to list 8 things about her :)
ReplyDeleteYay Jenn! You go girl :) I'm not a distance runner so I admire those who can.
ReplyDeleteWay to go Jenn. You are awesome. Keep it up and maybe I will follow in your footsteps someday. Don't count on it though.
ReplyDeleteWay to go! So proud of you! Love the pics. You look great!
ReplyDelete