Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Ok, now I'm a bit scared

So I've talked about training for the Wasatch Back race in June on a few of my entries here. There are 12 of us running the relay. Some of us are novice runners (ME!), some are more intermediate, and some are very hard core awesome! Well, one of the girls has been having a LOT of problems with her hips and back since she had her 6th baby and now she will no longer be able to run with us. :-( We had to switch some things up because the runner we got to take her place is more of a beginning runner and now I've been moved to a more intermediate position! I'll be running the same overall distance of 13 combined miles over my 3 legs of the race but my last leg looks like this...

That's a 1463 foot elevation climb in just 3.6 miles! Anyone have any advice on how I should train other than just running as many hills as I can find?

I can do this! I can do this! I can do this! I can do this! I can do this! Right?

5 comments:

  1. All I can say is I'm glad it's not me running! Wow! you must really be in shape from all of this running. I always wished I liked to run, but I never have liked it. You can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU CAN DO THIS! You have such strong will power and you are a women of strength. You can do this and you will do this and what an amazing accomplishment this will be. Good luck. I sure wish I had the will power you do. I am a wimp.
    Your Megan tag is adorable. She is so cute. We do need to make a visit and soon. I will talk to Andrew!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just have them release a bear about 2 minutes after you start. That will get you up and over in no time. You may even set a new record! Brent

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard breathing oxigen mixed with helium helps cause you get lighter and it help you clime in elivation faster cause you get lighter in the head. :)-
    Love ya sis

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds tough to me, but if anyone can do it, you can. You are so motivated. I love that about you. I miss you.

    ReplyDelete