Saturday, March 15, 2008

Drostan's Birthday!

Thank you everyone for your great suggestions. Drostan's birthday on Thursday the 13th was a lot of fun! I decided to give him 30 presents, 1 every 30 minutes of the day to celebrate him turning 30! I started at 7am and it went until 9:30pm! He was so surprised and really had fun with it. I sent a bag of presents and letters to work with him for the assistants to give to him. Each had a number and a time on them. They were so great and would go into his office and say, "You're late! You need to open this one!" I picked him up at 1 and he came home and rested for the afternoon. That evening, I surprised him by having some close friends come over for his 7:00 gift and we had a little surprise party with his favorite, ice cream cake! He had told me he was thinking this would be a pretty sorry birthday since we couldn't go out and celebrate but he said it ended up being the best he'd ever had. I had so much fun doing it!!! So here is the list of what I did:

1. 7......Breakfast in Bed
2. 7:30..note explaining the day
3. 8......bag of treats
4. 8:30..note from his Mom with a childhood memory
5. 9 ..... retirement / finance book he's been wanting
6. 9:30..poem from me
7. 10.... protein bar for a snack (he's trying to be healthier)
8. 10:30.."I remember" note from me
9. 11..... coupon for a day out shooting with the guys
10. 11:30.."I remember" note
11. 12.....Eclipse gum (his favorite!)
12. 12:30.."thank you" note from me
13. 1.....his favorite lunch, take out (fish tacos from Cheesecake factory)
14. 1:30..another memory from his Mom
15. 2..... girl scout cookies (another favorite)
16. 2:30...note from me that said, "pucker up!" and a big fat kiss
17. 3..... call from Grandma
18. 3:30.."thank you" note from me
19. 4.......coupon good for him to get some new basketball shoes
20. 4:30.."I remember" note
21. 5..... homemade presents from the kids
22. 5:30..cheesy poem from me
23. 6.... favorite dinner
24. 6:30.."Favorite thing about you" note from me
25. 7..... Surprise!!! Friends over
26. 7:30..ice cream cake
27. 8...... new shorts so he has something that will fit over the boot
28. 8:30..Love note from me
29. 9......not telling :-)
30. 9:30..not telling :-)

I love you Drostan! Happy Birthday!!!

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea! That's so much fun to surprise them. My suggestions was to do something with the number 30. For Seth I had friends over and had them bring 30 random items. It worked out well but wasn't sure it would have been good for Drostan. I love your idea though.

    Glad he had a good birthday. Seth and I were going to call but that was a crazy day. He had a dentist apt.[hurry up with the new place so we can come see Drostan ;)] and Ella had a Dr. apt.

    So HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY DROSTAN! And HAPPY GREEN DAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so fun. To bad that Andrew already turned 30. I think that he is turning 32 this year. Maybe I can give him 32 presents. You are so fun. I need to be more like you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great day... exept what happened at 9 and 9:30 wasn't that secretive... everyone watches CSI:NY at that time. ;) hehe

    ReplyDelete