Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Our kids!

I've posted so much about Drostan lately that I thought I owed it to the kids to do a post just for them!



KYLE

He turned 7 last month and is loving 1st grade. He is one of the tallest in the class. Every day I look at him and can't believe how big he seems to me! One of our dear friends teaches piano and he has started taking lessons. He's been begging for lessons ever since we got our beautiful piano. My parents moved a little over a year ago and could not fit it in their house anymore so I got a phone call one day that said the piano movers would be here the next day! YEAH!!! Daddy has to keep prompting him that although it seems hard right now, it is worth all of the effort. A couple of the missionaries stopped by the other day and one asked to play the piano for a bit. I think it helped Kyle to see that if he keeps practicing, that could be him some day, on his mission somewhere, playing the piano for a family.



DALLIN

He turned 5 on New Year's Eve and is all boy! He loves to get dirty and run around and wrestle with everyone and build forts. Right now, he thinks his older brother walks on the moon and wants to be with him ALL the time. Sitting in church, it isn't enough to be sitting next to him. There can't be ANY space between them and it's driving big brother crazy!!! I'm trying to get him to do things on his own or with Megan or with friends but there is no substitute for Kyle right now.



MEGAN

She will be 3 in April. I was so excited when we found out Megan was a girl and now... I'm thrilled we only have one! :-) I love her dearly but she has been more of a challenge than all 3 boys combined! She is just such a mischief maker. She took a crayon to about half of the walls on our main floor and the wall going up the stairs. She will find some Desatin and hide under the piano "painting". She dumped a bottle of hand sanitizer out on my bed side table all over everything on it including some pictures and the phone. She found some paints in my craft closet (that normally is closed and she can't go in) and painted on herself, a chair, and the carpet. She stripped down to her diaper and smeared almost a whole bottle of Mentholadum all over her.... I could go on! When it's quite, I get nervous and now I'll call out, "Megan, what are you doing?" and her response now is, "I'm not doin' nothin' Mom." That's when I know to find her and see what I get to clean up now! This video is back from December but I just love it!





JARON

He is now 10 months old and really our sweetest baby yet. I think all of our babies keep getting easier (until they turn 2) :-) He's working on a couple more teeth so that makes him a bit more clingy but for the past 2 nights, he's slept from about 9pm until about 7am!!!! If I wasn't getting up with Drostan, I'd feel like a new woman with all that sleep. :-) He's crawling all over the place now and just loves to be with his siblings. Even though Megan tends to clobber him, he just adores her and grins from ear to ear when she's around. He's a smarty pants too. Here he is a couple of months ago.



3 comments:

  1. Dillon wanted me to comment to say hi to Kyle and to tell him that Dillon just started playing the guitar. Maybe someday they could form a band.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such adorable kids! Can you send me your email address? Mine is redhales@gmail.com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete