Monday, March 3, 2008

Is teething always this hard?

You'd think being the wife of a dentist I would know the answer to this. :-) It seems like Jaron is having a tougher time than the other kids did. He is 10 months old today and trying to break his laterals through so badly. It's so hard when all I can do is give him Tylenol and some lovin'.

I know I've created a bad habit of nursing him at night when he wakes up. For a while I did it to get the extra calories in him when he wasn't growing but now that he is doing great in that area, I really need to get him to sleep through the night. Any bright ideas? I always lie him down when he's awake and he just rolls over and goes to sleep. The problem is if he wakes up in the middle of the night, he won't be soothed by anything other than nursing. He shares a room with Dallin and luckily, he's a pretty sound sleeper but Jaron sure can scream!

I know, I know... this too shall pass. It always seems that whatever stage I'm struggling with, figures itself out soon after I can't seem to handle it anymore but hindsight is always 20/20. You'd think I was a pro at all of this after 4 kids but I don't think that ever really happens. Uh oh... there he goes again... wish me luck...

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jen! Great to hear from you, it's amazing how many people I've gotten in touch with through the blog! Your family looks darling. I am dealing with the same issue with the twins and getting them to sleep through the night. My pediatrition said I had to let them cry it out and as hard as that is, it has been working. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen,
    I love that our boys are only 2 days apart. We've been experiencing the same ordeal! Finally a couple of weeks ago I had enough of the crying at night and I just let him cry and cry. I felt SO bad becuase he NEVER cries during the day so I always felt like it was the least I could do to get up with him at night. After 3 nights he stopped and he is now sleeping all the way through the night. It is SUPER hard though with other kids..I was so worried he was going to wake up the whole house but I think just letting him cry is worth a shot. Good luck!

    -Staci

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jen! Thanks for the message on the blog. I just can't believe that you have 4 kids. They are darling! We'll have to catch up. It sounds like you are a busy mom. You should email me at: kgracedesigns@gmail.com
    Kamilah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel was about 10 months old before I'd finally had enough. She would scream for hours. But I never went in. She figured it out after a week or two. No big deal right? Riiiight. I think I devloped a nervous twitch that week!

    ReplyDelete