Tuesday, March 11, 2008

I need your help!

Ok all you creative people out there. I need some help. Drostan turns 30 in 2 days and I just don't know what to do for him. I was planning on doing a fun surprise party or something but then he hurt his leg and is just so tired and in pain all the time, it just won't work. He's just not up to something like that. I really want to make this a special birthday for him! Any ideas!?!?!?

7 comments:

  1. I am much younger than my dh, so I was mean to him. I did him over the hill stuff and a tombstone cake for his 30th. Not much help huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I don't have any great ideas. Maybe just make it a nice evening for the two of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd have a nice dinner sans kids and then maybe on Sat have cake with the kids. My kids LOVE being able to sing happy birthday, even to mom and dad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went to school with Drostan at USU - my cousin Jenny sent me the link to your blog. You'll have to tell him hello for me (my maiden name was Katie Fackrell). Your family is darling! It's crazy how much we've all changed from those USU days!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I say you do something small with either just you and him, or just your family. Then, in about six months, throw him a 'half-birthday' bash when he can enjoy it. And it'll be an even bigger surprize because it won't be his real bday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What about 30 small gifts containing some things you can do for fun, even when you're tired? Sudoku, Uncle John's Bathroom Reader, Coloring Book, Slingshot, Eye Spy stuff...I don't know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the last two ideas. Throw a surprise half-birthday when he's all better and then what Aimee said. Get him a bunch of boredom buster little games. Have fun!
    -Jessica

    ReplyDelete