Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Catch up post!

Soccer
The boys did soccer again this fall and I was terrible at remembering to take my camera to the games but I did remember at Dallin's last game. He really improved a lot this season and seems to have a knack for it.

With coaches and Dad

He really loved having Dad be his assistant coach


PUMPKIN PATCH
We finally went and picked some pumpkins on Saturday after Dallin's game. It was a lot of fun. I wish I had taken more pictures.

I'm sad this one didn't turn out very well but he's still so cute that I had to post it.
And here is how they turned out. I still haven't carved my big squatty one yet. Any suggestions?




LASIK
And, "Thank you Wheel of Fortune!" Because of my fun little jaunt in L.A., I was able to get Lasik surgery last week! Overall it went really well. I had a little panic attack when I first got on the table and under all of the machines but they were great and calmed me down (and gave me a teddy bear to hold) hehehe It only took about 7 minutes and it was done! I took a nap when I got home and when I woke up, I could see the clock across the room. It's been a great recovery (1 week tomorrow). I am SO thrilled with the results.

Drostan thought that I just HAD to have a picture of me post op. That I would want it down the road to remember. Um, not really. I told him it isn't as cool as his leg picture was :-) but I guess it's funny to see me in my lovely goggles they make you wear until the next day and drugged up on Valium. I was just about to crash and take a nap.

10 comments:

  1. You've had a lot going on! I love all the pics, especially the cute goggles on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got LASIK done 4 years ago and absolutely love it. I didn't dare take a picture of myself with the goggles so I have to say that you are a brave soul. I'm glad it turned out good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the goggles!

    The pumpkin patch looks so fun- I love your carved pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenn, you have such a great family and you and Droston are such great parents. You love life and that is what I love about you. You also are always thinking of others. It is so much fun to keep in touch with your family this way. "Little soccer players" they are sure growing up. Love, Marsh

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that look on you. Where can I get those goggles? I am glad it all went well. Love the pumpkins but have no suggestions for the other one. We painted ours and I am not a carver so good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pumpkins turned out great! We carved ours last night. I'll bet your glad you can see everything now...especially the little things that kids do. That picture of Jaron is VERY cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the goggles :-) I'm glad your surgery went well and that you like the results.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pictures of the kids! I also love the picture of you in the goggles! I'm glad that the surgery went well. Yay, no more glasses or contacts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. we only have 2 more saturdays of soccer and I'm so glad it will be over. Those are some fun pumpkins!! And YIPPEE for Lasik, and not fair for him to take that picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahh Jenn I'm so jealous. is it the most amazing thing to be able to see again. I can't imagine. That's awsome.

    ReplyDelete