Thursday, August 6, 2009

Summer Fun!

Thought I'd catch up on some of the pictures in my camera.

We'll start with my silly little "medical emergency". lol It was about a week before Drostan came out and somehow, I jammed my thumb up under the counter and got a huge sliver under my nail! It was about 1/4 of the way down under the nail bed and it was throbbing like crazy. We had no tweezers (I have since purchased 2!) and the only medical type person I could think of was the dentist that Drostan is replacing. So I called him and he had me meet him at the office and he numbed up my thumb and was able to fish it out. Man that thing hurt SO badly!

We have had a lot of fun too. The kids and Drostan have been having so much fun in the yard with the sprinklers and enjoying the week off between offices.


We've been having the kids dig a fire pit in the back, undeveloped area. It is going... slowly at best so Drostan got frustrated and finished digging it the other day. lol When we get some rocks and logs and stuff back there to sit on, I'll post some pics of it finished.

My parents came for a visit and while they were here, we found a broken "something" in our sprinkler system. My sweet Dad offered to help Drostan dig out the mud and try to figure out what it was. It was a much bigger job than they thought but they found a few things they could fix and hopefully, things are good now.


We drove up to Lower Mesa Falls and Big Springs one afternoon.


And went for a quick hour long fishing venture just up the road at the Fall River. Yes, Mom was the only one to catch anything. lol Even if it was only a minnow.

And in our back yard, the kids, well, mainly Dallin, have had a blast finding "creatures". Lovely! Dallin is our little creature catcher. He found 2 snakes and several crickets. Poor Jaron thought that he had caught something too. He raised up his fist and said, "I caught one!" Then he said "OUCH, it bit me!" and he through it down on the ground and we saw the bee that he had caught. He pulled the stinger out himself and never even cried. Tough kid! They did have a fun time picking a ton of raspberries. Enough for a yummy pie!


1 comment:

  1. Jenn, Your yard and area looks absolutely beautiful. Your kids are growing up so much. How cute they are. You look fantastic and like life is treating you well. I have such fond memories of you and your family here in Ohio. Thanks for the update. Much love to all. Tell Drosten hello.

    ReplyDelete