Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Drostan is walking!

I can't believe I haven't updated our blog in over a week. So, I thought I'd share that my husband is walking! It has been 8.5 weeks since the accident and last Friday, he decided he had had enough of the crutches. He limped quite bit but he was doing great! On Saturday he even drove a it which scared me but it was necessary. Again, he did great. Saturday we started tackling the yard work that needed to be done and by Sunday, he was hurting! Our Physical Therapist friend told him that it was too soon and he should be at least using a cane. So, he's back to crutches until the cane that he won on ebay arrives in the next couple of days. It's nice to have him driving now and a little more independent. I'm sure he's happy to not have to have me do everything for him anymore.

2 comments:

  1. How nice. Way to go Drostan. Just take it a step at a time. (Get it?) I am kind of funny. Anyway, it is good to hear that there is progress going on in your home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to learn you are walking again! Yay!

    Enjoyed your blog. I have it on my Favorites.

    Gwen E.

    ReplyDelete