Monday, July 6, 2009

Wasatch Back 2009

I was supposed to run the Wasatch Back again this year but because of a foot injury, that led to a knee injury, I was out. I got to be a driver instead and that was so much fun. I wish I could have run it, but I'm so glad I was still able to be a part of it. We tried to organize 2 teams and ended up with many people with injuries or unable to do the race last minute so I got 2 of my friends, Cynthia from my ward, and Julie from my aerobics class to fill in. I also got my sister-in-law Heidi and 2 of her friends, Shiloh and Kellie to join. We had a blast in our van and it was really amazing. It is an exhausting race, but really amazing when you see what your body can do. Here are some photos I got before my battery ran out.



It took us 32 hours and 23 minutes to complete the race. I even got my sister's 12 passenger van stuck in the mud but thankfully, about 5 guys and the girls from the van were able to push us out. It was a crazy and tiring and wonderful weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment