Monday, July 6, 2009

Some unexpected visitors

I looked out the back window this past week and realized that 2 of the horses from the neighboring pasture had gotten through the electric fence and were in our back pasture area. We haven't figured out how to cut it down yet so they were really enjoying themselves. :-) It was a mom and a baby and it was so cute. At one point, they started coming into our landscaped backyard area but we just went out the back door and they decided they didn't want to come quite that close. Drostan says he wants to get a goat to keep back there so it can keep it down and then we could milk it too. ROFL Ummmm, we'll see what we decide to do. Also, here is a pic of one of the moose. This one wasn't in our yard, but the private wildlife reserve that is behind our house. We want to get a better camera that we can hook up to Drostan's spotting scope and really get some great pictures.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful yard. I just think we might need to come out to Idaho again and see it for ourselves. I don't know when that will be though with a baby coming and all.

    Thanks for your comment on my blog that I can do it. I need every push and shove I can get. I would love to go and get that book, but have not access to a library and I only have 4 weeks left. I have read a book that Karen Rich suggested to me and it has been very good. I do feel ready, but have the days of doubt and worry. I hope the day I go into labor I am feeling really good about it. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome! I'll bet the kids love seeing all the animals.

    ReplyDelete