Recently, as we catch Megan in her mischief or ask what she's been doing, she'll say "playing with my dollies". That means she's been doing something she knows she shouldn't. Well, I guess she's caught on to the fact we don't believe that anymore so she's moved on in her tactics...
Mom: "Megan, what are you doing?"
Megan : "Nuffing"
Mom: "Megan, don't say nothing, tell me the truth. What are you doing?"
Megan: "Not eating all of Daddy's gum."
About 2 hours later...
Mom: "Megan, what are you doing?"
Megan: "Nuffing"
Mom: "No, you aren't doing 'nothing', tell me what you are doing."
Megan: "Not playing with Daddy's flashlight."
:-)
Thursday, August 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Cute! Keep her going on that and you will be set for when she is a teenager. She will tell all thinking that she is not telling you a thing!
ReplyDeleteHow darling! I love the "nuffing" - it is so adorable when they can't pronounce certain letters. So, every time she says she's Not doing something, do you have to try not to laugh?!
ReplyDeleteThat's what Kim used to do also. So funny that they tell you exactly what they're doing without meaning to! :)
ReplyDeleteThat's funny! I wouldn't mind that kind of "honesty" around here.
ReplyDeleteSo precious! The honesty of children, even when they don't mean to be . . .how funny! You'll have to record that in a journal or something.
ReplyDeleteSo, so adorable! I especially love her pronunciation--the cute way they say things is one of the things I love best in little kiddos!
ReplyDeleteEven now Tyler knows when he is doing something he shouldn't. I love it! It's sometimes hard not to smile when they do things like that.
ReplyDeleteThats too cute and funny.
ReplyDelete