Monday, August 4, 2008

Apricots

A neighbor has 3 apricot trees and had so many more than she knew what to do with so we were able to go and pick some for family home evening last week. The kids had a ball. I wish I would have taken pictures of us picking. Jaron loved finding the ones on the ground and stepping on them until they were squished.
This is how many we ended up with...


I was able to make a few batches of jam (I have 2 more to do today) and we dried quite a few and have been enjoying just eating them for snacks. Thank you so much to sweet neighbors who are willing to share.

10 comments:

  1. WOW, that's a lot of apricots!! I can wait to learn how to can more things. And apricots are YUMMY!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be RIGHT over with some homemade bread!!! Yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks SO yummy! I LOVE homemade jam...hint hint!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooooh, that looks so yummy! You've been a busy girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thos elook so yummy my friend fed me some of her homegrown aprictos yesterday- yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at you go. I need to be more like you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YUM! You are amazing. I wish I had half of your ambition! What cool neighbors you have to share with you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy! That has to be my favorite jam. I just made raspberry, but it's not quite the same! Lucky!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait for your "wheel of fortune" post!! I can hardly stand it!! Are you back yet? Jams cool...but I want to hear about VANA! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am still waiting too? We want to hear about WHEEL OF FORTUNE!

    ReplyDelete