Monday, August 11, 2008

Back from California and Wheel

Ok, ok, here is the long awaited report on Wheel.... but.... I'm going to do a more detailed post after it airs because I don't want to give too much away but I wanted to give everyone a little teaser of how things went.

They wouldn't let us take a camera to the studios so this is all we got... me before the shuttle took us over to the studio...





I was in the 3rd show they taped so it will air on Wednesday, October 15. I didn't do as well as I had hoped but I did win enough to more than pay for our trip. The gal that won the first round pretty much had it sewn up and there was no catching her. For the couple days after, I was really having a hard time with it because I feel like I was given a chance to live my dream and I had made some mistakes and didn't make the most of it. On Sunday morning, I was thinking about it again and the thought came to my mind that, "someday, I will be able to see why thinks happened the way they did and that it was supposed to turn out this way." So, I'm doing a bit better today and trying hard to be happy with the amazing experience that I got to have. Over 1 million people apply for Wheel of Fortune every year and they only select around 600 so it really was amazing that I was even able to get on.



I will tell you this... something happens on the show that is amazing and will make this show be re-aired many times in the future! So don't miss it!!!!!!!!



As far as the rest of the weekend went... After the taping, we decided to go get a bite to eat and go to Hollywood to see if we could get some tickets to see Wicked that night. It was Drostan, my mom Cari, my sister Cayr, my Aunt Pat and myself. The tickets were too expensive and not in a good area so we decided just walk on Hollywood Blvd for a bit and to go back to the hotel and watch the opening ceremonies to the Olympics. On Saturday morning, my mom had to get to the airport early so my husband, sister and Aunt and I hung out by the pool for a while then went to lunch at Jerry's Famous Deli and went to the pier to catch a boat for a deep sea fishing excursion. When we got there, the boat was PACKED and we decided it wouldn't be what we were hoping for so we went to a matinee instead and watched some more olympics. It was so nice to just veg around and not have to worry about anyone or anything else. We went to the Hard Rock Cafe for dinner up in Universal City that night and it was crazy up there. Because of a show of Les Miserable at the Hollywood bowl that we didn't know about, it took us over 4 hours to go from out hotel, to the Cafe, and back. It was a lot of fun though.







On Sunday morning, we checked out and headed over to Venice Beach. We didn't have to be to the airport until noon so we were just going to walk along the "boardwalk" for a while and play in the sand. It was amazing how dirty and sad it was there. There were homeless people lining the whole place just trying to sell whatever they had found to stay alive. It was very humbling. We walked back to the car along the waterline and that was fun.







I'm happy to be home and out of the smog and all the people and cars! I'm not a city girl anymore. I'm loving my home here in Idaho. Thank you so much for everyone who helped out with the kids and with outfit selection and everything to make this trip happen. I have the best friends and family in the whole world!!!!

15 comments:

  1. I have been waiting for your repot. Sounds like you had a great time. Don't be too hard on yourself though. You are right on how lucky you are to even be able to get on the show. You did live your dream and your hubby was able to go with you. Did they get to be in the audience as you were playing the game? I can't wait to see the show. You will have to remind me as it gets closer to the day because that is ways off and I might loose track of time and miss it and I DON"T want that to happen. Andrew and I are so excited for you. You are so good not to tell all that happened. I am going nuts wanting to know all, but I will wait.
    On a side note, my brother and sister-in-law just moved somewhere near you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yeah, I forgot to tell you that you looked great and very classy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look darling and it looks like you had a lot of fun with your husband. I'm glad you got a nice break with him.

    Thanks for posting pics of your trip on here. I love them all! And seriously, you look awesome in the outfit you wore for the show. That is really dumb that they don't let you take cameras to the studio though. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well that outfit looks great!! And I'm gonna have to make me a ticker for when your show airs!!! I can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Jenn! You're such a babe!! I'm glad you had fun and got a vacation to boot. I'll mark oct 15th on the calendar!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait until the show airs! I'm glad you had a fun trip.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, sounds amazing! I can't wait to see the show! What channel is it on and what time?
    - Jamie Hodgkin

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an amazing experience! I'm so glad that were able to go, and spend time with your husband. I can't wait to hear more details! You look great btw, love the outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sounds like you had a great time Jen! I can't wait to see the show. I grew up in L.A. so I know what you mean by the smog and cars and all that, but it is an amazing city to visit - I'm glad to live here though, it is truly the best place in the world to raise a family!
    -Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  10. You will have to have a Wheel party on Wednesday October 15th. That would be so fun to watch it with you guys.

    Also did you hear that Dan finally got a letter from them too? Angela Announced that on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look great! I can't wait to see the show!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the report! You looked super cute for the show, then again you are always cute! I'm glad that you were able to enjoy yourself and spend time with Drostan and your family. I can't wait until October 15th!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so glad that you were able to accomplish your DREAM! We are so excited to watch it! I think we need to have some kind of a wheel watching party or something! You looked AMAZING too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I thought of you the other night as I watched a little Wheel. Congrats! I look forward to seeing you on the show.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Can't wait to watch. Sounds like it was an amazing time and you look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete