Tuesday, June 3, 2008

I found a little treasure...

Every time I would open our front door, a bird would fly out of one of our hanging plants. So I decided to see if anything was in there one day and this is what I found!


Aren't they just so tiny and precious? I have a friend who LOVES birds and bird watching and she thinks it is a House Finch. It's hard to get a good picture of the Mama because it won't come around when I am out there so this is from inside the house, through a window on a cloudy day. :-)

I can't wait for the eggs to hatch! I'll post some pictures when that happens.

5 comments:

  1. We'd rather have cute little robin eggs, then what we found in our backyard tonight. We posted some pics on our blog for you to check out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had some little birds in a hanging plant on our porch once, and it was so fun to watch them hatch, then learn to fly. The mam was SO protective, and we could barely even go out without her swooping down!
    How fun for you and your kids--can't wait to see them when they hatch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had five little eggs in our hanging baskets too,..until yesterday!!! I think a big mean bird came and ate them! BOOHOOHOOHOO!:( Makes me so sad!!! I have been torn up about it all day. I love watching them hatch and learn to fly. Guess I'll have to peak in on your little eggs one night while Brad and I are sneaking our Veggies out of your garden! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah sweet! i had some lil birdies build a nest in are bbq grill. it didn't end happily. i hope you get to see your baby birdies!

    oh, and i'm totally tagging you

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait for them to hatch, take lots of pictures. What a beautiful color they are!

    ReplyDelete