Sunday, May 18, 2008

While the cat's away...

Last weekend I had the wonderful opportunity to fly down to Utah and have a Women's Weekend Away with my sisters, sisters-in-law, Mom, and some dear friends. There were 12 of us in all and we had a magnificent time! I flew down on Thurs the 8th and got to hang out at the mall for a couple of hours until my sister Cayr could drive us to Midway to the cabin we had rented. It ended up being more like a Villa! It was beautiful!!! Up on a hill and with 11 acres surrounding it and breathtaking views of the Heber Valley. Friday we slept in, went to the Park City outlets and shopped and had dinner at a fun restaurant in Heber.

Saturday, my other sister Elizabeth, my sister-in-law Heidi, and I ran the Race for the Cure in Salt Lake City. What an amazing, moving opportunity! We completely lost it when we saw a sweet young father with a paper pinned on his back saying, "In Memory of: My Love" with 2 little kids next to him with papers pinned to their backs that said, "In Memory of: My Mommy". As we weaved through the crowds of people, we shed many more tears as we would read who everyone was walking/running for.

The rest of the day was spent relaxing, doing projects, and enjoying being together. Sunday was Mother's Day and I flew back early in the morning so I could spend it with my wonderful family. It was such an amazingly relaxing weekend that I truly needed!

Unfortunately I didn't have my camera with me but I'm hoping to get some pictures from others that were there to share soon. It may have been a good thing that I didn't have it though because Drostan was able to have it at home. As I have been downloading pictures from our camera to the computer, I have come across some pretty funny ones I thought I'd share with you...






3 comments:

  1. Adorable! They're so perfect when they're asleep.

    Is that baking powder?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun to get away. Looks like your kids had a good time too. How fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha h ha - did this baking powder mess happen while you were away? Dad's need those kind of fun experiences!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete