Sunday, May 18, 2008
The motivation of $$$
We have been having fun with our landscaping since we built this house 2 years ago. We were able to start from scratch and since this is our first home we've owned, we've been learning as we go. Well, there is an area in the back yard where we have a tree and a large area around it that we have planned to put in another tree and some bushes and flowers. We had the landscapers that put in our sprinklers, put in some rock in that area. Well, now we wish we would have had them bring in some dirt and raise it a bit and put a wall along the back of it and a border around the front. So, we have the wonderful job of moving the rock off, doing the work, and then we get to move the rock back. So, I got the brilliant idea (if I do say so myself) to get the neighborhood boys together along with my boys and pay them $1 for every 3 buckets of rocks they moved. They were THRILLED! :-) I ended up spending about $17 and an hour helping them and we got it all done! That would have been a LOT more than that if we would have hired it out. It was a lot of fun too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Sweet! Nothing like cheap child labor to get the job done :D Looks like they all had fun at the same time.
ReplyDeleteThat's great! Jason and I have been really surprised at how much work it takes to keep a nice looking yard. We've paid our kids to help us as well!
ReplyDeleteYou are so creative. What a great idea. I need to start asking you for ideas!
ReplyDeleteYou are brilliant! What a great idea--I may need to use that in the future!!
ReplyDelete