Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Track star in the making...

Last Saturday, I was going out for a run and Kyle said he wanted to go with me. We did a loop around our neighborhood that is 1/2 mile and I thought he'd want to go in after that. He decided he'd try to keep going. I told him i was going to go far and he said he was ok so we pressed on. I kept giving him options to turn down different streets to walk home but he wanted to go where I went. After a while, he did decide to turn and head home and I finished my run. When I got home, we got in the car and clocked where he went. He ran 1.9 miles! I was so proud of him. He wasn't complaining or lagging behind, he really wanted to keep up with me. I was very impressed and we decided we are going to try to see if he can train to do a 5K with me this Spring.

The next day he must have told me at least 5 times that his thighs were hurting him. I told him that was great! That meant his muscles were growing. He liked that. :-)

4 comments:

  1. That is awesome! It will great for basketball too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool. My kids would have wimped out after .3 miles. Go Kyle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so cool, now you have a little sidekick! Go KYLE!!!

    ReplyDelete