Sunday, April 19, 2009

Easter

I found a really fun idea for dying eggs on this blog. They didn't turn out quite as cute as hers were but we sure had fun making them. When I went to D.I. to find the silk ties, the guy at the checkout said, "please tell me you are not going to rip these ties open to dye eggs with them." I said, "of course I am!" :-)
So, here we are during the process. Everyone was helping.



Here they are after the ties had all been tied onto them, before we wrapped them in muslin and cooked them.

And here is the finished product!



3 comments:

  1. Hey, we tried that last year!! Ours didn't turn out as colorful as yours did. It is a fun change up though. Besides, I think they look much cooler than the typical pastel eggs. (I like the striped egg) Impressed that you made time for this with all that you have on your plate right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those eggs are awesome! That is the best idea. I'm going to have to try that next year.

    ReplyDelete