Thursday, September 25, 2008

One of the sweetest women I've ever known

Drostan's sweet grandmother Vella Orme passed away yesterday. She was such a fun, generous, kind, selfless, thoughtful, and feisty lady. She accepted me into the family immediately and I truly loved her like my own grandmother. She was so cute with the kids and loved having them around her and watching them. She was a very independent lady and up until only about 3 months ago, she lived alone and took care of herself and her home and yard at the amazing age of 90! We will miss her so much. Go here if you'd like to see her obituary.

We love you Grandma-Great! 

11 comments:

  1. What a blessing to have known such a sweet person. I'm so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry for your loss. She sounds like she was a wonderful woman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry about the sad news. I'm glad that Drostan was able to go and see her a few weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's to bad, I am so sorry. I think it's awesome that your kids got to have her in their lives. It's sad, but isn't great that we have the gospel? We know we'll be with our loved ones again, what comfort that brings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sad, but what a great life she must have had. She was lucky to have a grand-daughter (in-law) like you!

    I love the new blog lay out. You did a great job fixing whatever the problem was because it looks really good. Have a safe trip to Idaho Falls!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We miss her too! Sorry we couldn't be there for the memorial service. I hope it was comforting, especially for Drostan. We've been thinking about you guys this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Drostan and Jennifer,

    I am so sorry to hear about your beloved grandmother. I have an inkling of how important she was in your life, Drostan, and I know you will miss her so much.

    I am glad I chose to poke around my "favorites" today and peek in on a few blogs. I don't often check on them, but I just felt I should today. Otherwise I would not have known about your grandmother.

    Also, I would not have known about Wheel of Fortune, and you can bet I shall try to remember to watch it on October 15. It wouldn't hurt to send out a reminding email to those of us who don't check blogs every day.

    The other thing that really impressed me (besides your adorable family), is that you married Molly Mormon, Drostan. What a lucky guy! Look at all that home canning. I tried canning many years ago, and never really got into it. My sister cans like Jennifer, all off their own trees. We never grew anything to can, and I hated doing it, so there goes my little star... I make bread, though, and cakes from scratch (and you have been recipient of some of those).

    I'm also glad to see those legs running around in the surf -- apparently the trauma of the break is far behind you now.

    Blogs are great, but only if people access them. I'm basically an emailer, but this time, my email is on your blog.

    My thoughts will be with you, concerning your loss, and I am quite sure that your grandmother's teachings and spirit will be with you the rest of your lives. I know, from experience, that you will not be forgotten by her!

    Love,

    Gwen Edmunds

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea, it was great to see you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry to hear about her passing. My own wonderful grandmother passed away last night.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Drostan-- I saw this post and had to leave a comment. I met your grandma numerous times and thought she was a great lady. She was always so kind and loving. I know she meant a lot to you. Nate Laird

    ReplyDelete
  11. hey D, this is berk. i guess it is fate that i got bored this morning and poked around janeal's blogs and found you and jen. then i found out about grandma. i'm glad to know exactly where she is. she was so great to all of us. i can't beieve the crap she put up with from us. she was and always will be an incredible woman. i pray her passing went as peacefully as possible and that she was surrounded by people that loved her.

    ReplyDelete